Designing of user friendly and effective web forms contributes to good web design. Following is the part 2 of guidelines for designing web forms,
- All the instructions should be placed to the side of the field. Avoid writing lengthy instruction, keep instructions short.
- Use a single input field for numbers and postal codes, and clearly mention that information is allowed in which form.
- Avoid displaying unnecessary and distracting information and make sure that important information stands out from the rest.
- In multi page forms keep users informed all the time about how many steps remain before completion.
- Avoid putting more than one field in a row. In some cases like in first and last name’s case, if you have to put more than one field in a row than make them look like a single piece of information for clarity.
‘Web Form Design Guidelines’ series is concluded here. We hope that you find it useful. See you with something new. Keep coming back for more. Cheers
MAPLEWEB is the Vancouver, (BC) Canada based company which is providing unmatched quality in Web Design, Web Development, Graphic Design, Flash Design, SEO and Internet Marketing since 2002. At MAPLEWEB we create websites with great visual appeal through a very experienced and creative group of Web Designers and Developers. Our professional Web Experts have custom created hundreds of websites. We have a team who deeply understand the requirements of our customers and deliver on all performance objectives. We are a leading Vancouver Web Design Company with a long list of satisfied clients. For more details, Contact Us